This week I had a really great chat with Mike and Webs from the Intelligent Hoodlums. Mike and Webs are friends and fellow Apple Distinguished Educators. Together, they’ve started virtual conferences to reach educators across the globe in presenting professional learning opportunities to all. During this uncertain time in all of our lives, they put together a limited series called “I’m Bored.”
We can’t lie. We might have a bit of cabin fever. So we thought we’d hangout with some cool people and make stuff. Twice a week- Tuesdays and Thursdays, we’ll issue a creative challenge. On Tuesday we’ll discuss it. On Thursday, we’ll give everyone an opportunity to present their work. Sounds like a good time, right? It’ll be a fun time to exchange ideas, some laughs, and make some new friends as well.Mike and Webs, Intelligent Hoodlums
Mike and Webs reached out to see if I’d be interested in sharing about slide decks…and since I am a slide enthusiast, I of course, said yes! To see a replay of our conversation, click here. We chatted about tips and tricks for creating compelling presentations, but also talked about moving beyond the traditional and into more non-traditional ways to use slides.
To read more about this limited series and to see the speakers they have lined up, click here. Additionally, you can find them and follow their work on Twitter @trustahoodlum.
Resources I Shared:
- Google Slides
- Drawings to add to Google Slides: Sketchpad, Autodraw, Kleki,
- Canva Color Palette
- Adobe Spark
- Drag and drop templates for Google Slides from Kris Szajner @kszajner
- Google Slides Templates from Laura Cahill @engageducate
- Slides Mania
- Slides Carnival
- High quality, free to use graphics (Unsplash, Pixabay, MixKit)
- Free icons
- The Key(note) to Storytelling
- Keynote Color Picker Add On (Mac only)
Resources from Apple:
- Everyone Can Create
- Apple Professional Learning is supporting teachers with remote learning! Take advantage of these amazing opportunities by emailing AppleProfessionalLearning@apple.com
I challenge you to use the slide creation tool of your choice to create compelling presentations. Take a chance and move beyond the presentation tool to give students opportunities to share their learning in new and innovative ways! Watch the creativity go through the roof!
Cheers, friends! Hang in there! #thistooshallpass