I am probably late to the party on this one, as many of you might have already heard about this! Since I haven’t heard about it, I thought I would share with others who might be as surprised and delighted as I was! I love it when you stumble upon little gems!
So, this gem is called app.wizer.me and it is a site that allows teachers to build and design online quizzes, worksheets, and other material to test student’s knowledge or build a great review for them. What I loved most was the ability to add a variety of questions and tasks (open question, multiple choice, blanks, fill on an image, table, sorting, text, image, video) to reach all learners. I also loved that there was a “listen to instructions” button where you can record instructions or dictate questions. This is really great for formative and summative assessments and immediate feedback for students. Additionally, there is a teacher area that allows teachers to remix someone else’s quizzes/worksheets in a public gallery. This works well on computers, iPads, tablets, and Chromebooks. It works seamlessly with Google Classroom, too! It was super easy and I am already thinking about the possibilities in how I could use this in my classes. Here are the steps to get started:
- Create an account. This was painless.
- Begin building your document/worksheet
- Select which type of question you want to add (a little similar to a Google Form)
- Choose a design
- When you are finished, give it a title, and choose how you want to distribute to students. Can share via Google Classroom, copy the link and share it, or have your students enter the pin code. Students will need to enter their first and last name and create a password that they will use each time they go to the site! I love that the students didn’t need an email address in order to use! HOORAY!
- Loved the options of distribution…whenever there is a direct link, I do the happy dance.
- Share with other teachers!
- Boom! You’re done! I selected the option to allow my students to receive immediate feedback when they submit the assignment to see how they did. Then, you can review the work of your students and provide comments.
Hope you are able to use this with your students. A fun and easy way to ditch the paper tests and worksheets!
On the appwizer website, it states how long it takes to set up…(and it really is that easy)
- 5 minutes to set up and learn
- 20 seconds to assign via Google classroom, Edmodo, Moodle, or direct link
- Automatic grading
- 5 minutes to make your first worksheet
- 5 minutes to check grades and give personalized feedback